Due to a high turnout at our Thanksgiving test kit event, we are offering free COVID test kits for the winter holiday season. Free at-home COVID test kits will be available for drive-thru pick up
Thur, Dec. 16, 1-4pm
Mon, Dec. 20, 1-4pm
Both events at the Union County Fairgrounds (use Rt 4 entrance)
No appointment is needed. No insurance or payment is needed. One family member or holiday gathering host can pick up multiple kits.
Two types of home test kits will be available while supplies last:
- Over-the-Counter (Abbott Binax Now): If kits are being used for screening and a verified result is not required for work, school or a venue, over-the-counter home kits will be provided. These kits have two tests per kit and samples are collected with a nasal swab. Results are available in 15 minutes. No telehealth support is included. If a test is positive, the result will need to be reported to the health department following the instructions of page 3 of this handout: COVID TEST KIT INSTRUCTIONS & REPORTING
- Telehealth Proctored Tests (Abbott Binax Now Ag): If kits are being used for employment, return to school, or by an event venue, you likely need a proctored test with verified results. Telehealth kits have one test per kit and include the use of a telehealth proctor over computer or smartphone. Results are sent by the proctor to an app on your smartphone. If a telehealth test is positive, the proctor will report the result to the health department within 24-28 hours. If you do not use the telehealth proctor with this kit, you will not receive a verified lab result. You will need to self-report a positive result to the Health Department. Instructions for use of the telehealth proctor and instructions for reporting a positive result if you do not use the proctor can be viewed at: COVID TEST KIT INSTRUCTIONS & REPORTING
Watch the video for instructions on how to administer the test:https://youtu.be/baQQfoX-JXo
What if I’m Positive?
Report a Positive Result
- If you used the telehealth proctor to observe your test, positive results are automatically reported to our office 24-48 hours after your test.
- If you did not use the telehealth proctor, report your positive result using the Navica App.
- If you are unable to report through the app, please call to report a positive: (937) 642-2053.
Stay Home for 10 Days
- Stay home for 10 days from when your symptoms began1. Do not go to public places or visit others during this 10-day infectious period.
- Return to activities on day 11 if you are fever-free for 24 hours and your symptoms have improved.
Keep Contacts Home
- Members of your household or others who have been within 6 feet of you for 15 minutes or longer or who you’ve shared eating utensils or drinks with during the two days before you had symptoms (or tested positive if you don’t have symptoms) or after, should also stay home and watch for symptoms.
- Contacts should stay home for 10 days after their last contact with you. To reduce the quarantine time for members of your household, isolate to your own bedroom, use a separate bathroom, do not spend time in the common living areas of the home or prepare meals for others.
- Contacts who are vaccinated2 and who do not have symptoms do not need to stay home. They should watch for symptoms and wear a mask in public while you are sick and for another 10 days. If they develop symptoms, they should test for COVID.
- Contacts who had a diagnosed COVID infection in the past 90 days do not need to stay home.
Learn More at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/quarantine-isolation.html
Can’t make it to one of these dates?
Home test kits are also available. Click here to learn more about our rapid at-home test kit distribution program: https://unioncountycovid.org/testing/