Governor DeWine has announced we can begin COVID-19 vaccination of ages 80+ the week of Jan. 18. Here is what we know as of today:
- Vaccine supply remains very limited.
- It will take many weeks to vaccinate every person who wants to be vaccinated in the 65+ age group.
- We estimate there are about 7,000 Union County residents age 65+.
- We anticipate receiving as few as 100 doses and as many as 500 doses a week for the next several weeks.
- Stay tuned to these email updates. Information will be coming out each week about who is eligible, when you can make your appointment, and how to sign up for the coming week’s vaccine clinic(s).
- Vaccine planning and logistics are on very condensed timeframes.
- Vaccine shipments arrive weekly on either Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. We do not know the exact date the vaccine will arrive for that week’s use.
- We do not know the estimated quantity of vaccine to expect for the next week until Tuesday or Wednesday of the current week.
- Our goal is to administer every dose we receive within the week we receive it.
- We are committed to vaccinating everyone in the 65+ group as quickly as vaccine supply allows.
- Please be patient and know that we will keep pushing information out to our residents as we have it.
- We will keep adding vaccination opportunities as much as we can based upon vaccine supply.
- We will be using a drive thru clinic style that will be by appointment. Appointments will be made online with opportunities to make an appointment by phone for residents without a computer.
- Appointments are being used to help with traffic flow and to help us meet data reporting requirements.
- Proof of age will need to be shown at the clinic (ID, birth certificate, etc).
- Drive thru format is something we are comfortable with and helps us maintain social distancing.
Who, When, How?
Vaccination for persons 80+ will start the week of Jan. 18 in Ohio. We typically do not receive vaccine until Monday or Tuesday of each week so we are planning our first clinic for Jan. 20.
This clinic will be by appointment. Appointments will be made through an online scheduler and will be first come first serve. Residents without a computer will be able to call our office and get assistance making an appointment. Once all available appointments have been booked, the scheduler will close. Each subsequent week, a new appointment scheduler will open up based on vaccine availability. Individuals will need to check back each week to book an appointment.
For residents with an appointment, vaccination will be a drive thru service. You will need to bring proof of age (ID, birth certificate, etc) to the clinic to verify you are age 80+.
If you are a friend, neighbor or family member of a Union County resident who is age 80+, please help share this information. We are also asking friends, family and neighbors to help our 80+ residents who may need some assistance in booking an online appointment.
More Instructions Coming Thursday: We will send another update on Thursday with information on when the appointment scheduler will open for next week’s 80+ clinic. This update will include the link to the webpage where you will be able to find the online appointment scheduler and additional information about the clinic. We will then continue to send updates on Thursdays with instructions on when the upcoming week’s scheduler will open.
Additional Vaccination Providers: There will likely be one additional COVID-19 vaccination provider within Union County for next week. As details are finalized, we will make sure to share this additional resource for vaccination.
Ohio Phase 1b Vaccination Timeline:
Week of Jan. 18 – Open up ages 80+
Week of Jan. 25 – Open up to ages 75+
Week of Feb. 01 – Open up to ages 70+ and adults working in schools
Week of Feb. 08 – Open up to ages 65+